This is my final masthead design. I have chosen this as my masthead because i think it incorperates everything that i want from my magazine. I chose the Indie/Rock genre for my magazine, which gave me the inspiration to try and create my masthead name from the word Indie. After playing around with the word i eventually came up with indiependence. The word 'Indie' is shortened from independent music, as most of the origional music in the indie genre was unsigned bands which were not considered mainstream. I incorperated the word Indie in front of pendence to creare indiependence. Whilst researching the indie genre on the internet i found the urban dictionary definition of indie: ' an obscure form of rock you can only know about from someone slightly more hip than yourself'. I decided to put thos definition below the masthead to make it look like an actual definition, i added a colon to the end of the word to add to that effect.

No comments:
Post a Comment