The above Prezi is about my key concepts research. In this key concepts research I looked into codes and conventions, audience, representation and institution. I believe that this will help me to create my actual magazine as I will be more aware of the different types of things that are involved in making a magazine. For example I am now aware that technology is over taking magazines and more people are getting information off the internet and devices such as iPods and iPhones which means I might need to offer an app version of my magazine. I have also noticed how different genders are represented by certain genres of magazine, for example the Hip Hop genre represents men as having lots of money emphasising on the jewellery they where, whereas the women are portrayed in a more seductive way wearing provocative clothing. I now know I should represent my model fairly to how they would be represented by other magazines in the same genre.
No comments:
Post a Comment