Due to my magazine being aimed at people from both the Indie and Rock Genre, it opens my magazine up to a wide range of people. I have also included artists from other genres, which allows me to appeal to an even bigger audience. I have decided that I am likely to have a primary and secondary target audience that read my magazine. My primary audience are likely to fit into the indie/rock genre, they are likely to be between the ages of 15 and 25, this means they are likely to listen to the sorts of bands and artists I have included in my magazine. Whereas my secondary audience are likely to be people that are slightly oder, maybe 25-30. They could also be people who like other genres, which are also incorporated into my magazine. I will also appeal to a few people who like Drum and Bass and R&B because due to me including a variety of artists from those genres as well, such as Pendulum and Jessie J.
In order for me to fully understand my target audience, I have created a stereotypical 'Indie girl', by doing this I hoped to establish an ideal person that is likely to read my magazine, and then from that included relevant information in my magazine to appeal to that sort of person. I created a female example, which I referred back to during the construction of my magazine to make sure I was going in the right direction. The typical person that will read my magazine is likely to listen to current music such as The Black Keys, Mumford and sons, Adele and Example, as well as music from other decades such as Nirvana or The Libertines. My 'Indie girl' is likely to frequently attend gigs to see her favourite bands, but will also be willing to go with friends to see bands they might not have heard much of before to widen their music knowledge. This is why it is important that I put huge focus on gig reviews and album reviews in my magazines, as they are likely the sorts of things that would appeal to people like my ‘Indie girl’ who are always looking for new bands to see.
They are likely to have a rather quirky dress sense and be very individualistic rather than blending in with the majority. Typically people who fit into the ‘indie’ genre were known for wearing skinny jeans, shirts, leather jackets and biker boots. However more recently they are more likely to wear brogues, knee high socks, headbands, floaty skirts and shorts. This is often a way of picking out an 'indie' person from a crowd of people as they are usually the ones standing out with the unique style rather than those who follow the crowds. My target audience are typically going to be individualists that start their own trends, and dress how they want rather than following the crowds.
No comments:
Post a Comment